For most Floridians, the road to recovery after experiencing flash flooding is a big headache. Seeing your home in total disarray is an emotional pain. You may be stunned for a while and not know what to do. Calling a good public adjuster should be your first step. United Claims Specialists will make your recovery efforts as smooth as possible. If flooding in Fort Lauderdale damages your home, don’t panic, just relax and call our team. We can file your flood damage insurance claim in Florida. We’re here to fight for you and make sure your claim gets paid quickly and for the amount you deserve.
As soon as floodwater ebbs down, the first thing that we thought to be the best thing to do is to start the clean up and drying process. To your surprise, your insurance company may have a good reason to deny your insurance claim or reduce the amount of your claim for lack of proof of damages you suffered. Here are the simple steps for an effective road to recovery:
- Inform your insurance company of the occurrence of flooding in your home and seek the assistance of property assessor or public insurance adjuster for a fair assessment of property damages.
- Make sure that your home is safe; check it out with the help of a structural engineer.
- Take photos of damage properties inside your home before attempting to salvage any properties that can be used, restored and repaired.
- Make an inventory of damaged or lost items and have your property assessor assess its lost value, acquisition costs and replacement or restoration costs.
- Avoid switching electricity; call an electrician to do it for you.
- Call the clean up and drying out service provider to do the expert job for you. They know better on how to disinfect your home and completely dry your home.
Everything has been done with proper documentation and certainly your insurance claim damages are well supported by independent professionals’ assessment on their own field. There will be no reason that your insurance provider will deny or reduce the amount of your claims. United Claims Specialists will help make your claim get filed correctly so you don’t risk having it denied or underpaid. When you need a Florida public adjuster, count on the team at United Claims Specialists.