New call-to-action

What To Do If Your Insurance Claim Has Been Denied:

Your home may have suffered damage due to fire, flood, mold or burglary but you know that this is where your homeowners insurance will come into play and cover all or most of the cost for repairs. Most homeowners’ biggest fear with their insurance policy is the rates increasing due to a claim, but what do you do if the insurance company flat out denies your claim? You never thought this was possible, and it can cause a lot of stress and frustration. At United Claims Specialist our team is here to help if your claim has been denied. We’ll work to reopen your claim and get you the compensation you deserve.  

Most homeowners do not go through their homeowner’s policy in detail before filing a claim to ensure that they fully understood what is and isn’t covered. This is important to do so, and not knowing what your policy covers could be the reason your claim was denied. Some of the typical reasons for denial are failure to pay premiums, perils that aren’t covered, and insufficient preventative measures or improper documentation of the damages.

Upon denial, your insurance company should send you a formal letter from the adjuster that details why the claim was denied. There are a few questions you should keep in mind: Did the adjuster not fully understand the situation? Were there insufficient photographs or other evidence to back up the damage claims? Does the problem appear to be a filing error? These answers will assist you in understanding the details of your denial and this may allow you to send in additional information that may assist any appeals you may file. Our public adjusters at United Claims Specialists will happily go over your denied claim and figure out the next best step to take. 

If you are having problems with a denied insurance claim, contact us at (855) 321-5677 and let our team at United Claims Specialists help. We have years of experience dealing with insurance companies and we’ll ensure you case is treated with care. We handle both residential and commercial property claims, and can help with everything from fire and smoke damage to storm and leak damage to burglary and vandalism.